I apply my degrees in psychology to computing and Internet projects. I've worked as a developer, UX designer, analyst and consultant on other people's projects.
Tell Me When
I have a built a prototype of a system that makes sure I don't miss my favourite TV programmes.
I tell it what (e.g., Alan Davies: As Yet Untitled) or who (e.g., Matt Damon) I am interested in, and it lets me know when something matching my interests turn up in the schedule. [Drupal 7 on AWS]
I am rebuilding my personsal web site and shop from scratch. [Drupal 7 on AWS]
Web site overhaul
I am working working with a journalist and editor to completely reorganise and redesign her web site. [Drupal 8]
I am maintain the web site I designed and built for the Psychology of Programming Interest Group. [Drupal 7]
I worked for The Guardian as a UX Consultant to Use the Jobs To Be Done framework to assess research to discover high-level user needs, their daily struggle to make themselves better. I advised on an approach for how The Guardian could be an online leader in innovation in the industry.
I started a new Toastmasters club Ascot Speakers
- researched and negotiated a suitable meeting venue
- organised and opened the Demonstration Meeting
- designed the brand identity for printed materials, including Table Topic memorandum and agenda
- marketed through Meetup, Streetlife and printed advertising
- recruited and orientated new members
- recruited committee members
- organised bespoke 'fifth Wednesday' meetings, such as practising 20-second pitches
- invited other clubs to participate in specialist meetings
- was VP Education, Treasurer and Sergeant at Arms in the first year
- grew the club to over 20 members to charter
Smart erotica with men and women as sexual collaborators
I ran a successul Kickstarter campaign to print my book of erotic short stories in May 2014.