Tell Me When
Design and develop an online service based around interests.
Tell Me When (TMW) is a prototype invitation-only free web site service that tells you when something you're interested in is coming up.
A lot of services in this arena make recommendations based on activity. Instead, you tell TMW what you are interested in.
The system started with schedules for TV and streaming services.
Types of interests you can specify:
- a specific programme, series or episode
- programmes that start with certain words (e.g., First Dates)
- a film
- directors, actors, people
- new series
- Proms programmes
- Oscar nominated or winning films
You can also tell TMW what you don't like, such as genre (sport) or people (e.g., Benny Hill). Your personalised channel won't include anything that matches.
In the future, I want to be able to follow other kinds of interests and media:
- music concerts
- composer (e.g., Danny Elfman)
- genre (e.g., film music)
- work (e.g., The Chairman Dances by John Adams)
- instrument (e.g., harp)
- art galleries & exhibitions
- artist (e.g, Alma Tadema)
- genre (e.g., Pre-Raphaelites)
- work (e.g., Netune's Horses by Walter Crane)
- medium (e.g., embroidery)